Since the dawn of time man has sought shelter for himself and for his family and as the years have gone by this need has only escalated. Man has used his creativity to build some of the most beautiful houses and devise some astounding ideas for roofs.Consequently this has brought about the need and ability to be able to make educated decisions about the kind of roofing you would use for your house.
Let’s look at two types of roofing- roof shingles and metal roofing.
What are shingles you ask?
Shingles are a flat rectangular object like a tile and are made out of various substances like wood, slate, fibre cement, fibre glass, metal, plastic or asphalt. Shingle roofing is a roofing system where the shingles are all laid out in consecutive overlapping courses from top to bottom across a whole roofing area.
What is metal roofing?
A metal roof is a roofing system made out of a metal piece or tiles.
To help you think about what roofing system to install let’s have a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Here are some of the advantages of asphalt roof shingles as these are the most commonly used:
- They look good for a long time lasting 30 years
- They are manufactured in bulk and are relatively inexpensive
- They have are easily changeable in case of disrepair
- Shingles are the easiest roofing system to install
- Easily damaged by hail, wind and fire
- Can be expensive over time
Here are some of the advantages of aluminium roofing:
- They are light weight and hence reduce the weight on your housing structure
- Resistance to rust and corrosion over time
- Need no structural reinforcement
- Easily recyclable.
- Initial payments are high
- Expand and contract with heat and cold causing leaks
Champion Windows and Doors do a great job with their roofing. They have a vast variety of prices and roofing styles that are attractive, have life time warranty, decrease energy costs and increase resale values.
Buy a roof today!